11/12/2012

Ice Dyeing Results


11-12-2012

I have finally taken the photos from my camera of my dyed fabric from the ice dyeing class last month.  Two weeks ago I took the fabrics out of the containers and rinsed, rinsed and rinsed the dyes out of them.  When I finally was able to iron them "to make the magic happen," I took photos.  Here are the results:

bottom parfait fabric when wet
drying the fabric with iron
dry










top parfait fabric dry
top parfait fabric wet



dry red fabric
wet with 3 reds

wet
dry
not sure of dye colors
not sure of dye colors
These fabrics would look so wonderful used in a landscape quilt project like the one I posted yesterday. 

I was quite happy I finished the binding on the watercolor heart quilt that I started about 9 years ago.  I had quilted this last month with the "Leaf It Alone" method Sally Terry taught at the AQS show.  I have triangles sewn in the top back corners as shown on Ami Simms' Alzheimer website for hanging smaller wall quilts.  Now to get it hung. 


1 comment:

LA Paylor said...

brilliant! lucky you to have them to work with now!
LeeAnna at not afraid of color