7/13/2014

Last Quilt Shop Stop

Hopping on the bus once again, we made our way to Little Italy in Cleveland. We were dropped off in front of Murry Bolt & Spool, on a narrow road which was a bit tight for the bus. We could begin exploring here or the other stores and restaurants of Little Italy. 

Roxie and I decided to get dinner first at Mia Bella


I had a bowl of the zuppa di casa. . .
(I ate half of it before I remembered I wanted a photo!)


and the arugula salad with fried egg plant. Both dishes were very good. 




We walked back to Murry Bolt & Spool


This fabric boutique is housed in an old school along with art galleries and other stores. 




We were welcomed by owners, Deb Christensen and Nan Webb, two enthusiastic, cheerful proprietors who are knowledgeable and very helpful. 


















On the large landing outside the store entrance we were treated to cold bottled water, cookies and seating under umbrellas.



















Bolt and Spool features a variety of fabrics with a focus on clothing, unique sewing patterns, and the most beautiful ribbons I have ever seen. They carry craft and sewing books, notions and buttons. 
















Roxie found the wool she had been looking for on the trip as well as a homespun-type fabric for dish towels.

















I had never seen, or, of course, touched Liberty of London fabrics--oh, what a treat that was.















I found the sale area! It was just in front of this fun chair (for the husbands). I bought some buttons, a large bag of good-sized wool scraps that I plan to use for making pincushions and maybe a purse and/or hat for winter. (There will still be some left.) It was a tough decision which ribbons to purchase. I bought a yard of owls for my daughter and a yard of measuring tape ribbon for me.













It was an enjoyable evening of food and shopping. On my way to the bus, which was parked on a wider street, I bought a small cup of blueberry gelato (fruit makes it healthy, right?) and then we were off for our night's sleep at Laquinta Hotel to get ready for our last day of travel and THE MYSTERY STOP!

No comments: