9/23/2014

Ghostly Quilting for Val's Tuesday Archives Link

Today is Tuesday and we are linking our Ghastly Quilting Themed blogs with Val's Quilting Studio. I did not think "Ghastly" was quite what my Halloween-themed quilts were, so I will use the title Ghostly

I thought it would be better to place photos of my quilts in one blog and reduce your linking time so you can visit all of the quilters who have linked with Val. I enjoy participating in the Tuesday Archives. I like sharing my ideas with others (hope you all like it, too) and getting inspiration from others. 

So, here are some of the Halloween quilts, large, small, long and tiny that I have created in the past  8 years or so. Let me know which one(s) are your favorite(s). 

Long Kaleidoscopic Table Runner: 
I had this cut of fabric

And turned it into this long table runner. Close up of one of the blocks. I will be quilting it with a spider web design. 




Wishing Owl
This is Halloween-related, I think. I taught this as a class for children at the local Art Council this summer. His little pocket in front could hold candy treats. The idea came from Quilting Arts Magazine.

The Halloween Wavy Banner 
was made to hang on the front door. I used it as one of the inspirational ideas on the pattern I designed and uploaded on  PatternSpot.com.

Haunted House 
This is a wall hanging I made for my younger daughter during her first year of college to decorate her dorm room during the Halloween season. (And this is the only photo I have, sorry it is not the largest file size for clarity.)


Table Topper
I finished this quilt last year for the table. I used some leftover Halloween themed fabrics in more of a random placement.


Thank you for taking a look. I do hope you get inspired for the season. I am off to see what others have posted. 

Happy Quilting!




1 comment:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your owl is adorable....but love what happened with the print in the kaleidoscope!!! So cooolll!!!