4/17/2016

Last Week's Accomplishments

I was sewing quite a bit last week, but not at home!

My embroidery machine was fixed and ready to pick up. The dealer is 55 minutes away, so it only makes sense to make the most of a long drive. One the 2nd Tuesday of each month, they have a free Open Embroidery Day. I chose to pick up the machine on that day and stay for embroidery time. I thought if the machine gave me any problem, the technician would be there to help. The machine worked well. I am still a beginner with the machine, but the other ladies were helpful when Patty, the store's embroidery teacher was busy with someone else. I felt very accomplished when I left with these items completed. 

Pillowcases for two little girls I know. 



And the beginning of four biscornu pincushions. ( A few times I forgot to change thread color. Ooops.)


On Wednesday I drove again to the city to Inspirations of Art Studio, where I can pay for studio time and use the Sweet 16 Sitdown Longarm machine. I worked on a T-shirt quilt for a 2016 graduate. I returned on Friday to finish it, and work on some other quilts. 


The quilt turned out quite nicely and a I found a great backing in my supply room, just right for a young man. I got the binding attached at home on Saturday. 


I finished this charity baby quilt there, as well. It was made with squares cut to 6".



Thursday was our guild meeting. 
We had a speaker coming, so some of the members met her for dinner before the meeting. Janice Jenkins from Elm Creek Home and Garden Center in Farwell, MI, gave a wonderful, entertaining presentation on Picking Fabrics for Fun and Color. 
I have been to their store more than a few times. They have so many choices in fabrics. 
Plus, they are a nursery and garden store on one side of the building. So it is fun to visit it all. 

This post shows me I really was busy last week!
I will see what this week brings.

What did you do last week? What do you have planned for this week?





2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those sweet little pillowcases will be a great gift. It does look like you had a wonderfully busy week with some great accomplishments.

Nancy said...

Yes, seeing the things I did in a list makes me more aware of how busy I was.